A/W 2012 Collection Styling & Magazine Front Cover Mockup

As promised it's now after 12am so the new day has come and the next post in the series of my A/W 2012 menswear collection. If your wondering why I'm jumping to styling instead of showing design developments it's because I would rather publish the design developments with the final line up (when it's ready!) to show the thought processes to the final outcome more clearly. From the small taster of my research in the previous post you can probably see that the abominations was a strong theme and so I thought I had to take this further. I initially drew a few designs incorporating aspects of humanoid animals but while designing I began to realise that trying to mix garments with shadow elements and the abomination aspects they started to look O.T.T. So I then made the decision to make the abominations the styling to accompany the collection and base the garments purely around the shadow ideas.

Depending on the "evolving" changes to the collection the styling maybe scrapped if it would make the collection too O.T.T but hopefully not as I think this would give the collection a good look but we will just have to wait and see.

For the magazine front cover mock up I used the abomination styling images I created as they are very strong and make a striking look for a magazine front cover. So if the styling does get scrapped in the collection at least it wont have been a complete waste of time and can be used within the magazine.

 Deer Mask
 Wolf Mask
 Bull Mask
 Snake Skin Mask
 Zebra Skin Mask
 Tiger Skin Mask
Magazine Front Cover Mockup

No comments:

Post a Comment