A/W 2012 Collection Inspirational Designs

The final line up is almost finished! Just two more tops to design on illustrator and the collection is complete and ready to be molded to a models figure to then fully complete the final line up. Should be finished tonight so that can be tomorrow's post!

Today's post is giving you all a glimpse of some of the original inspirational designs I have drawn. My idea was to draw designs inspired by as many of the different research paths that I have went down. This was to give me a wide range of different silhouettes and details happening within the garments. Since my theme is shadows I wanted to create a collection that would alter the look of the bodies form and create unusual shadows (to be captured on the catwalk, photo shoots etc.). Because of this look I wanted to create I did not develop a key silhouette for the whole collection as this would make all the outfits the same shape and therefor they would create the same shadow. So I decided to make a final line up of the theatrical designs and develop the different silhouettes, details and shapes from these designs into a collection that mixed toned down versions of these garments and garments that still keep that theatrical look.

 Inspirational Final Line Up
Examples of More Inspirational Designs

Hopefully tomorrow's post will be the fully completed final line up, but that's only if I get it finished tonight so will just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment