Fashion Theory Garment / The Bride-Groom

Well after some trouble uploading pictures straight onto Blogger I've managed to get back on to a roll again by uploading the photos straight onto Picasa. So if anyone else has problems uploading images I suggest to try your account on there. But anyhoo lets get back on topic...

I totally forgot all about this garment until we stared back at uni and had to pick up our work. This garment was another that was designed for a class last year, Fashion Theory. I should mention that we were aloud to be as experimental as we like, hence I went with this idea... For my research I looked into the news topics that were current at the time and came across the story of a woman from Taiwan who was marrying herself due to pressure by society.

Here is a link from the BBC website for the whole story...

This story got me thinking. If she doesn't need a husband? Does she need the traditional wedding dress? I began looking at wedding dresses and groom's tuxedos then that filtered into casual everyday wear. Considering in someways marriage is taken less seriously now a days than it once was say 50 years ago my idea was to merge elements of a wedding dress, tuxedo and casual wear to create a garment that is meant for the huge occasion in some one's life but for it not be taken so seriously. And here it is...

 Front
 Side
 Back
 Hood Front
 Hood Side Angle
 Hood Side
 Cuff
Front Negative 
 Side Negative
 Back Negative
Hood Front Negative 
Hood Side Angle Negative 
 Hood Side Negative
Cuff Negative

No comments:

Post a Comment