Parallel Skin

The piece De resistance of 3rd year! Our end of the year capsule collection. The inspiration for my collection was actually the print from my surreal dress. I was still very much interested in furthering my exploration into the shape and lines from the print I designed based around the surrealism movement. I wanted to see how changing the shapes and direction of the lines on garments with different looks and silhouette would come together. So I began designing casual, glamour and dress up, dress down garments with print ideas but refining the print to compliment the garments and making them more on trend. With the nude colour palette and parallel symmetrical lined print i named my collection, "Parallel Skin." The end result was extremely successful and was the opening to our 3rd year fashion show.
Left: Denim jacket, loose woven cotton blouse & jersey leggings. Middle: Knitted woolen jumper & skirt. Right: Dress with close fitted bodice & decay effect print with draped loose woven cotton skirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment