The Denim Outfit

As part of our 3rd year we were asked to design and make a denim outfit inspired by a designer listed on the brief. I chose Ed Hardy for the strong masculine silhouette, attention to detail and the colourful embroidered embellishments. For the jacket I went for the classic biker style popular with the Ed Hardy brand and used a knitted rib for the collar and waist line. Inspired by loose baggy trousers worn by gangs and influences from street culture I made the cut of the jeans so the crotch would hang low at the back giving a baggy bum. I also added a little extra length to the legs and created a bell shape from below the knee to the hem so that the jeans can be tucked into boots and the fabric would gather slightly up the leg. To make the outfit complete and give that classic Ed Hardy look to my outfit I bleached out areas of the back of the jacked and the left back pocket of the jeans instead of using embroidery to give it my own twist.

 Denim Jacket Front
 Denim Jacket Back
 Denim Jeans Front
 Denim Jeans Back
Denim Jeans Back Pocket Detail

No comments:

Post a Comment